Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fairfield: The Fishing Chook

Today started early, at 9AM.

For some reason, I woke up feeling like dropping down to The Fishing Chook. Nope, not any of my favourite cheap steak restaurants, or fast food restaurants, but only this particular store.

So, ahead I sailed to Fairfield's Neeta City at 11AM [with my sister]!

(Sorry for the shitty quality pics)

This is the second time I'm eating here! They are just one of the stores at Neeta City's food court, not a restaurant or anything fancy, so I also don't expect too much from them. As long as my food is decent enough to nom, the customer service is on par, then I'd continue to try other shit on their menu.

But no, they're shit. Their food is somewhat below average, matched with average prices, and fucking ridiculous customer service. Fuck.

Last time I ate here, I ordered their "after school special" with the fish. Only $5, which is ridic cheap (not to mention, good for students whom are on a budget).


This time, my sister took a pick at their salad range.


I actually thought their salads looked pretty nice, especially the Caesar Salad. In my head, I thought, "I definitely need to try this next time!".


Too bad, my sister picked their Seafood Salad ($4.50). The salads were priced in small, medium and large boxes. We picked the small box, and god... it is REALLY small. It's one of those thinner, small round plastic containers.


I did try two pieces from the salad, and I didn't think it was nice at all. However, I'm not a fan of seafood salads [to begin with], so I'll let my sister decide the fate for this one (to be fair!). "The flavour is off and there is something that just smells so fishy about this salad. Seafood is supposed to have that smell, I guess.. but I mean "fishy" in a bad way!", she said. Then after three pieces, she threw the whole box away. Fucking waste of $4.50.

OK. We also ordered a burger each!


Ocean Burger with Chips ($11.50), we ordered with battered fish (you can get it grilled or battered). Contains lettuce and tartar. The chips had the tiniest pinch of chicken salt ever. Not kidding.

The burger, tasted okay. I won't lie (although I'm really furious with their customer service). However, I don't think it's really worth the $11.50. The burger alone is $7, and with the tiniest portion of chips, it charges another $4.50. Got scammed.


Their deal: free drink with every meal deal. Yeah. We did receive a free drink. A can of Pepsi. That's not even cool. Fuck.


NEXT!


I ordered a Chook 'n' Caesar ($7). Grilled chicken, parmesan cheese, lettuce with caesar sauce. Ah, how I love my caesar stuff.


Has everything the menu describes. The burger alone was $7, OK price. Just an average chicken burger. The buns were slightly hard though (or dough, geddit?!).


Even after all this crap with the food, I think there's still a part of me that would really love to try their Caesar Salad. Until.....

*after waiting for 7-8 minutes for the last chicken burger*
Sister (in the politest way): Hi. Sorry, can I just ask how long more do I have to wait?
Lady behind the counter: Do you want it raw?

The fuck? Are you serious? Why the fuck would I want my food raw? Do YOU want to pay me $7 so I can make you a raw chicken burger instead?

Actually, all my sister wanted to do was to go away and find a seat, instead of standing around on our fat legs waiting for the burger.

But really, is that an acceptable reply?

Overall, OK food if you are lazy, but any newbie can make these at home. Not to mention, the to-be-prepared chicken/fish won't give you a dose of attitude that'll ruin your day. I guarantee it.


The Fishing Chook
Shop G.29, Neeta Shopping Centre, Fairfield 2165
Ph. (02) 9728 1015


On my list to try [next time]: NEXT TIME? There won't be no next time! -- Eminem




30 comments:

  1. Wow! You must have a lot of time on your hands! You must obviously be some unemployed junkie from fairfield no doubt! Mate you obviously have the wrong shop! This shop is awesome not to mention the great service and fresh food provided! Next time mate get yourself a $2 burger from Mc Donalds cause thats all you can probably afford! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do have a fair bit of time on ma hands. Hahahaha. Oh wells, everyone is different. It sucks when people don't respect other people's opinions when it differs to theirs. lol. I'm sure I don't have the wrong shop. It's photographed right there, mate.

      P.S. I've paid for the food. Can't ya tell I can afford more than a $2 burger?!

      Delete
  2. You call yourself a 'blogger'? With the language you use and your definitions of the food, you must be 12, maybe 13 years old. I eat there once a week. Nice short stroll from the office. I wouldn't go back if the staff spoke to me the way you are describing. It's the most successful take away shop in the centre, for a reason. Take your amateur posts elsewhere. Keep up the great work Fishing Chook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I don't call myself a food blogger. Hahaha. This blog was made for the lols. I'm not 12, nor am I 13. I just love me a bit of swearing here and there, and on this blog. I'm not accusing them on anything baseless -- in fact, it was based on my very own experience.

      Mind you, my posts are on my very own blog. Oh, the irony in "take your amateur posts elsewhere". Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. I eat here all the time it's delicious, you just seem salty that you got shut down after probably being rude to them for waiting 2 minutes.. Do you want it raw is a good comeback hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were a boy, and you told me you've got 7-8 inches, then I already know... 2 inches right?

      #lrn2read

      Delete
    2. Did your centrelink allowance just drop in your bank account that day Tram? hahahah, get a real job

      Delete
    3. First things first be a realest. You probably ain't got no job so shut. You're probably so bored with life so you here. I feel sorry for you so drink a beer. @ other anon

      Delete
    4. It was a rude comeback that was totally uncalled for.

      Delete
    5. So you're saying no job no opinion? Well I'm sure people at the fishing chook would want to keep their jobs before they lose it and have to be muted. So deliver the kind of customer service that is expected. Even a standard hi how are you is nice not just standing there with a face on and waiting for a customer to greet them. Great they won an award. Doesn't mean that they are tops to everything. Did you see the owner direct his fb friends here to make their opinion and judgement? mate that's not how you're meant to take a review. Reviews are meant to make you better and strive to improve where it needs it. Bad customer service puts people off from coming back regardless of how good the food is.

      Delete
  4. Never ate there before but you pix make it look delicious. Im in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, well done on a review that tells a story and walks the reader through the experience. A lot better than a simple sentence or two and you provide lots of photos that is good.
    However, it always makes me wonder when I see a 1 star review on a business. The food could not be the worst, because you mention this was your second visit. There was an issue with a salad, but you couldn't identify the issue and don't mention raising the concern with the business. To me, a lowest review should be reserved for a place that has a problem, you present the problem and they ignore it or make it worse.
    I read this review as more "Second visit, found the salad not the best, just didn't sit right, had a unfavourable experience with one of the staff, burgers are ok, not the cheapest though and chips a bit pricey although mostly fresh and presentable . 3 stars"
    I own a small business with 22 staff. Nobody is going to have a perfect day, every day. I would be disappointed to get the worse rated review when the patron does not return to allow our business to address the problem and just writes us off so publicly. Many reviews online are done with malice and hurt other people, often those working on running a small family owned business. Just consider more of a tempered review in future, there is more than great and terrible.
    Good luck in your tomorrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your constructive comments and for actually READING the post. Finally a comment that isn't silly, and isn't anon! Yay!

      It's true that this was my second visit to the place. The first visit left me nothing but a good impression, I ordered fish and chips. I didn't order the meal, and mainly ate the chips, so I couldn't say I had enough to actually chuck up a review.

      I truly respect and thank you for your advices on a more "tempered review in the future", however, I don't feel like I need to hold back, for any food stores with that kind of customer service =)

      I'm sure we all have different standards when it comes to food. My 1-star may not be your 1-star (vice versa), and I respect that. I write and rate with accordance to my own standards, and it is all up to my readers who decides the rest.

      Thanks though x

      Delete
  6. BTW, to my fellow (and favourite) anons:

    Thanks for your feedback on this post. I find it hella amusing, and I actually found myself looking forward to it this morning. It's fine if you don't agree with my post, I still welcome your comments, and will still publish them. What I welcome most of all is, the traffic you're driving to this blog!

    You're giving me way more [traffic] than I earn. Feel free to share and bump this post as much as you like, I actually wouldn't mind if this post made it to Google's #1 page.

    And thanks for your comments, I actually might just pick up my pen, pal and pic-snapper again, to head outside and review more restaurants!!

    I have no more time replying to comments though, got work to do. Keep them comments coming though, I'll make sure to read and publish EVERY SINGLE ONE! Can't wait!!! ^_^!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the great work! The fishing chook rocks! Small business awards champions for 2014 well done! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been there before. Service was bad. food was okay. Not going back. If I wanted to be spoken to like a dog I'll just walk down the streets instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Owner and friends bagging out their customers on their fb page. Way to go guys. Don't need to go to their shop to realise what bad mouths they are. Criticism comes with the business. If you don't know how to handle it like an owner then don't run a shop. Thanks for the heads up. To laugh about and support a business that asks a customer do you want it raw? You wouldn't be laughing if you got that kind of service + attitude. We are paying customers regardless of where the money comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Tram Phams friends posting on her blog well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said I won't reply to any more comments, but just to make this clear:

      I did NOT ask any of my friends to come here, to reply to any of your comments. I have told a selected few about this, but I did NOT ask anyone to come and "back me up".

      Why?

      Because this is stupid. Man, I don't wanna waste anyone's time. A store owner, asking friends to come post rubbish in my comment section (minus 1 constructive comment) is... unprofessional. As well as insulting me personally, posting my FULL name on their Facebook page, pulling my university into this, and more....

      All these anon comments above that do NOT agree with The Fishing Chook were actually made by audience driven from TFS' Facebook page, after they shared my post.... lol.

      Delete
  11. Hi Pham, watch you don't get hit by a tram! I'm surprised you have friends to talk to. What makes you a food expert? You probably can't even cook. Very Amateurish. swearing your way through your blog because you can't string two words together. Get a real job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bahahahhaha bloger getting shut down but her readers. I would love to post this on my blog account. I am a fellow food blogger and have never seen anything like it. I will be reviewing this place next week. Also i agree with your viewers you need to educate yourself with the way you use language. You need to try and sound more mature and experianced

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't understand why people are so rude here. It's her own opinion and she has the right to express her opinions on her 'own blog'. It's not like she's posting her opinion on the company's social media/facebook page.

    I won't make assumptions here and i'm not taking sides, but there is something called an IP address tracking, and there is a likely chance all these anonymous comments were posted by the same person :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We know its her opinion! The way she has written the article is very unprofessional! The language is appalling let alone the grammar! Amateur people like her should stay well away from commenting on hard working people's businesses! If she cant handle other peoples opinions then she should stop writing blogs! Of course people are going to fire back at her when she is very unprofessional and clearly has no idea what she is going on about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is her opinion, on HER blog. Her language? People swear in daily life. Big deal. This is her personal blog detailing her food adventures and this is a year old post. With regards to your logic, 'if she can't handle other people's opinions then she should stop writings blogs,' then why did The Fishing Cook share this post on their Facebook page in the first place? Seems like they should refrain from doing so too.

      And before any one of you think that I know Tram personally, no I do not and she has absolutely no idea who I am. I am a mere reader of this blog and have been trying to not get involved, but what you people have been doing and still are doing is clearly unacceptable.

      And to Tram, from an anonymous reader, of course this has been an unnecessary conflict, you have gotten a lot of traffic and you just got to thank these people don't you?
      And good job on the XX's influence.

      Delete
  15. Tram!!!! Sweetheart if you cant handle the heat..... get out of the kitchen!!!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well done the fishing chook! Small business awards champions for 2015! Especially for you tram pham! Enjoy! ☺

      Delete
  16. Lol! How much does tram pay you to post these comments for her! Love it! Love how stirred tram and fellow friends are! Just shows your true immaturity! Once again losers if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. Small business winners for 2015! Well done guys! Two years in a row! They must be doing something right tram pham! ☺

    ReplyDelete